Our Commitment to Sustainability
Alpha Consulting Corp. is committed to sustainability and maintains a formalized sustainability program. We define sustainability as meeting the needs of the present without compromising future generation’s ability to meet theirs.
Our program includes three key areas: social (people), environmental (planet), and economic (profits).
Alpha Consulting Corp. has the support and approval of its employees, stakeholders, and the community it operates in. The approaches to securing and maintaining this support are various, but the foundation is built on treating employees fairly and being a good neighbor and community member.
We focus on retention and engagement strategies, including more responsive benefits and learning and development opportunities. We participate in fundraising, sponsorship, scholarships, and investment in local public projects for our community.
In today’s business culture, the environment often gets the most attention. We are focused on reducing our carbon footprint and overall effect on the environment.
It is our policy to:
- Recycle as much material as possible. Recycle bins for bottles and cardboard located in the kitchen area.
- Provide work-from-home flexibility.
- Avoid the use of paper wherever possible. We will commit to sending invoices, contracts, and quotes via email.
- Recycle/donate equipment that is no longer of use to the company.
- Keep energy usage low. Make sure lights are shut off when rooms are not in use, and ensuring computers are shut down after work.
- Reuse wastepaper where possible, making use of the blank side for notes, etc.
- Purchase products made with recycled paper and purchase products for the office with a lower environmental impact.
- Avoid unnecessary travel by using instant messaging, video and audio conferencing, telephone, and email.
- Consolidate the delivery of office supplies.
Sometimes identified as governance, Alpha Consulting Corp. understands to be sustainable, we must be reasonably profitable. Our economic sustainability is managed using proper governance and risk management, with executive oversight.
Alpha Consulting Corp. is committed to sustainability and recognizes that businesses have a negative impact on the environment. We believe we have a responsibility to find ways to reduce the impact of our work both in and outside the office. We consistently review our policy and collaborate with our employees to continue looking for ways to reduce our work’s impact on the environment. The formalized sustainability program is communicated to all employees.